Thursday, August 5, 2010

Display Case Project

These are the display case scenes I came up with for my niece, my mom and my girls. I learned how to make little tulips, fringed flowers and miniature rose bushes. I love the roses the most. They are intricate and lots of work, but SO pretty. In order to have sturdy stems to hold up the rosebuds, I had to use toothpicks wrapped in green paper strips.

I also figured out how to make some new birds! Mom and I love cardinals, so I made up my cardinals based on real life photos of the birds. Quilling is a lot of work, but I love the finished product. Each quilled piece is glued to the floor of the display case. There is a clear cover that sits on top, since it is actually made to show off and protect baseballs. These display cases are perfect for keeping the quilling dust-free and safe.

This is the one I gave to my daughter, Jenna


This is the one I gave my Mom. It has a little stool instead of a bird bath and yellow roses since they are her favorite!


My niece got this one. I love the little blue flowers in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment