Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Mini Masterpiece


I decided that after all the quilling I've done recently, I ought to have one project for myself. This is my 5 x 7 shadow box project, which I finished in June.
There a lot of roses in this, and even more leaves! I branched out and quilled a rectangle box for the rose garden, instead of making a pot. I made the box by wrapping brown quilling strips around a rectangle Lego.
The only things not made of paper in this are the 2 brown shelves (made from a dowel and stained a walnut color) and the bird cage, which is a Jolee's Design 3-D sticker. I took out the sticker bird and put a quilled one in its place! I also made the girl's necklace from white wire and a diamond star sticker.
I am proud to have something I quilled on display in my own house ;) I call it my mini masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment